Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Andy Stott - Sleepless



That's Bruno on the left, Dumptruck next to him, Jimmy Sandwich behind him, and Hotdog to the right.



I've been listening to the new Andy Stott album with alarming frequency lately. At least once a day. It's just hypnotic and for the life of me I can't remember any of the tracks except for this one. People seem to really like the first track, Numb, which I agree is excellent but this is the true bell of the ball.

When the federal government fails to lift the debt ceiling and the world economy collapses and we resort back to an agricultural society this is will be the number one jam. It's like a techno death rattle. Those drums, oh those drums - sounds like a million machines of war burning across the country side to take on some unseen force. Dark and dystopian will probably be used a lot to describe this song. I think that is selling it short. Is it dark? Oh my, yes. But it's dark in the way the night sky has a million different shades of black when their isn't a star in the sky. Also, it's January in central Ohio, so what else do you expect me to be listening to right now.

Finally - the Andy Stott album wins best cover art in 2012 in my book. I want that picture blown up and framed on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment