Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Omar S - The Maker



Just walking my alligator



I'm being told that this track is probably two years-old, if not older. No one said we were going to give you nothing but shit that comes out each stupid day. Sometimes you gotta dig and find the good shit. Because, on that note, I could never work for a place were every day you were required to dribble out some nonsense about every new track/album that comes out that day. That sounds like the definition of soul crushing.

But we aren't going to talk about that right now. We are, instead, going to talk about my undying love of all things Omar S. God. Damn. Do I love myself some Omar S. And today was a good day, dear reader. Know why? I stumbled upon a cache of Omar S tunes I didn't even know existed. Let me tell you, that is a good day. That is the kind of thing that makes my stomach feel funny like I'm in love again for the first time.

It's a dark, crushing world out there, precious reader. If the external environment doesn't get you then it's most likely going to be the super germ you have in you, festering right now, that you don't even know about. That's why finding stuff like this is important. It's the analog synth drums that make me get out of bed in the morning. It's the soulful vocal parts that are given just the right about of space to shine. It's the piano keys that melt the great icy core of my inner being and help me realize that today, noble reader, today, is indeed a fine day.

No comments:

Post a Comment