Monday, February 27, 2012

John Talabot - Last Land



I find this video still to be very unnerving.



Some beats. Finally, right? It's been a minute I feel like since we've had some beats around these parts. And, of all places to find them - John Talabot. I'm glad to see we haven't given up on are campaign to post every single John Talabot track every. We'll get there someday.

It's Monday, I've been dragging all day and I'm already dreading the rest of the week. I think that's why I listened to this tune about a dozen times today - I need to hear those drums to get me going. Percussion has always been front in center in Talabot's work. Lots of energetic beats, shimmering chords, and an effort to just lay it all out on the table. Holding back doesn't seem to be part of his MO which is why I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment