Monday, February 6, 2012

John Talabot ft. Piona - So Will Be Now


"Work it."


I wanna say a couple of things before we get started here. First, I apologize. From the bottom of my heart. I will never leave you alone for that long ever again. I'm a fool. An idiot. A heartless bastard. I'm sorry. 

It's not that I don't love you it's that sometimes life says you don't have time to be surfing the internet to find that bitching track because you are in school full-time and working. Not an excuse, I know, but please consider it a possible explanation. 

Second, I want to make sure I get this point across without over selling this -  I have seriously listened to this track about twenty times today. I can't stop. I tried to stop. I went to school and after an hour of sitting alone and listening to nothing I pulled it back up and started listening to it again. First legitimate song of the year contender yet. 

Oh John Talabot what are we going to do with you. First it was all those Catalonian summer jams that made you want to get drunk on the beach and now its this little tiddy. It's that mysterious women with miles of legs and dark eyes. It hits like a dump truck and feels like a kiss. 

Gone are the child like abandon of his earlier work. In its place is this mammoth of a track that builds and builds over that pitched, whispery vocal part. Give and take, give and take of the tension. 7 minuets of mellow groove that seems to me just aching to explode at any minute. Instead its kept in this tight little box and flows effortlessly from there. 

It's as if he was a professional or something. 

The rest of the album? I'm sure it's good. You are going to have to find a legitimate review somewhere else though. No time for that when I can just listen to this over and over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment