Sunday, February 12, 2012

L.I.E.S. - Comeback Dust (Legowelt Remix)


Mayor McCheese was always my favorite. He reminded me of Bill Clinton for some reason.



This Legowelt character has been growing on me. I think it is the subtlety of his tracks that I like the best. They are like those albums you have that at first you didn't really like but for some reason you kept putting them on and now you love them. At first I wasn't too wild about this track but now I get it. It being that Detroit techno-y sound will those drum machines going a million miles an hour and those spaced out synths.

I heard a pretty interesting critique yesterday about how all this synth music being made by these sort of hippie/noise/drone people is filtering its way into the larger electronic music scene in general. The guy leveling the critique didn't seem all that excited about it but he is normally a giant sourpuss anyways so nothing new there. Is it possible for people to smoke too much weed, play some crappy rifts on a vintage synthesizer and pawn it off as something original? Yes, of course. But that doesn't mean you have to take it seriously.

Oh another note - I got to dance to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" last night at the local gay bar. It seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment