Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Flaming Lips + Lightning Bolt - I'm Working at NASA on Acid





Yea, I know. Its been like five days. Sorry. You know the deal.



I don't care what anyone says, I love the Flaming Lips. I think they are just mind blowingly awesome. They do weird right. There is a lot of "weird" music out there which gets labeled "weird" simply because it isn't normal. A lot of that stuff is just not good and kind of obnoxious. The Flaming Lips have been honing their weird craft for over 20 years. They have it down to an art. A horribly, tripped out, art unlike you have ever seen/heard.

And that's why I love them.

And I also adore Lighting Bolt. We use to throw dance parties in college at our apartment and end the evening on a 12 minute long, noise rock, Lighting Bolt track. To this day, the best way to clear out a party. Hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment