Monday, July 16, 2012

Matt Sweeney & Bonnie Prince Billy - Storms




Superwolf (Matt Sweey & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy's troupe) is still awesome and I know this because I spent hours listening to Superwolf today at work. It's aged well. Better than most I would say.



Oh, you don't like Fleetwod Mac and/or Matt Sweeney & Bonnie 'Prince' Billy? Well, then you are a horrible person and if I had my way you would spend a length spat in the stocks where I would pelt you with rotten tomatoes.

I'm a red blooded American man. I'm just as susceptible to emotional songs as the next red blooded American man. Harmonies, sparse acoustic guitars, what sounds like a slide guitar lingering in the background - this is why the terrorists hate us and why they will never win.

I probably don't have anything to add to the canon of letters spilled about Fleetwood Mac. That seems pretty well covered, but I am interested in learning about why people from my generation like them. I can't say what it is but there is something amazingly 1970s-ish about them that I really enjoy. The drugs, the hair, the outfits. It's all so god damn beautiful.

Also, Matt Sweeney and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - a blast furnace of soul crushing harmonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment