Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Went To the Hospital

Holy shit fall is laying it on thick. Have you seen a tree recently? They all look like they are on fire. Seriously, on fire.



I want to be famous for falling love.

This seems like some appropriate Sunday, hangover listening. I don't think my brain could really handle anything more intense right now. This isn't about me though, this is about you.

Fall listening at its finest. Have you noticed how if you stare at a group of trees in the fall all the colors of leaves kind of look like the milky way? It's just a trail of reds, yellows, and oranges clustered around each other all looking like they could explode at any minute. They all just hang there in the trees, tenuously, waiting for either a strong breeze to take them to the ground or a light to cause them to catch on fire. That's what Cass McCombs is like - you don't realize he as is good as he is until about 15 mins later when you are walking around doing something else humming "I went to the hospital/They put me in a bed/And I always do/What my mother says". Yea, you just don't realize it until it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment