Sunday, November 27, 2011

Listen, lots of people like Celine Dion...

LOTS of bad club music this weekend. Every night in Akron ends the exact same way - at the gay bar. Which is fun and all but everyone just turns a blind eye to the fact that they really are playing horrible music. Just the pits.

 BLOOD ORANGE | SUTPHIN BOULEVARD (BICEP REMIX) by BICEP

I think I'm suppose to know who this Blood Orange group is but I'm just drawing a blank right now. I do know that this remix is pretty banging though. Oddly enough, after some failed searches on Google I determined that Biceps are the same people over at Feel My Bicep. Small world.

Seriously though, I'm digging the nice mellow drive we got going on here right now. It might be because it's raining, I've had a couple glasses of wine and it's Sunday night but it just feels like this is the right thing to be into right now.

I ended up listening to a ton of weird African music this weekend coming from not so good speakers. Even better, for the first half of the time the bass was turned almost all the way down. It sounded like it was recorded in a land without bass. It could have been recorded in a trashcan. In reality though it was pretty amazing. Or as my brother put it, you don't have to ever worry about originality when it comes to crazy African music. It is sort of inherent to the concept.



Yep. That is exactly what it seems. A Celine Dion remix. I don't know what to say. I really don't. I mean I can tell you I never listen to Celine Dion and that is a technically true statement but there is something about this one. I don't know what happened, I clicked on this and nine minutes later I was still listening to it. A little too brash techno-y for me at some points, but you gotta take the bad with the amazing.

Enjoy it while it lasts people, don't expect many more Celine Dion remixes around these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment