Monday, November 21, 2011

Storm Queen!

I've had two Thanksgiving dinners already and it only Monday of Thanksgiving week.



This one is getting posted because I was listening to a Beats In Space with Morgan Geist who is one-half of Metro Area. I also kind of like it because the video is just of the record spinning but you can barely even see it. In fact, you can't see much of anything in this video but two or three times today I have just caught myself staring at it. I don't know what is wrong with me.

It was steel gray out today. Or, as I like to put it, the sky was really low today. It's sort of like you can almost just reach out and pull yourself down some cloud. I imagine thought that it would be pretty gross and probably full of like rats or something.

In the interview Morgan Geist mentioned how he is really comfortable putting songs in the middle of long disco tracks, which is not this at all, but I think that was a pretty interesting way to think about a lot of the stuff out there. Especially on the disco end, they are like really long mixes that also have smaller songs wrapped up in them as well.

Also, his current project is called Storm Queen which is the best fucking name and this track from it is the shit.



Disco shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment