Sunday, November 13, 2011

Who Wrote the Rules of Love

Jesus Christ, the new Mazzy Star single was clearly only made to listen to while doing heroin? Or if you were in a constant state of melting this would be pretty good for that as well. Also, go look up some photos of Mazzy Star. A - they look exactly like you would think and B - they are having zero fun. Too much heroin I think.

This is what I really want to talk about though - Omar S - Presents Colonel Abrams - Who Wrote the Rules of Love



Jam of the week so far. Take some Detroit House, smash it together with some soul, a pinch of R&B and you get this masterpiece. Recommended if you like things that don't suck. It has sort of funk, boogie feel to it I feel. I don't know if I've just been listening to too much Dam-Funk recently, but its got some soul-balls to it. A little two-step possibly. Damn, I like this the more and more I listen to it. Columbus, Ohio - stop listening to that awful bass shit and check this out. You'll like it, I promise, it sounds like actual music.

The British describe this as a "proper peach". I would tend to agree.

Next week - more proper posts. I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment