Friday, August 5, 2011

5 tracks for the weekend

This is the first weekend in a month that I don't have to some sort of wedding related thing. You have no idea how excited I am for this. I like weddings because they involve free booze but it also involves a lot of other bullshit that I'm not really into.

Also I'm sitting next to this fucking cat right now that just ate through another pair of headphones. That brings the total to three pairs of headphones ruined by said cat. I'm going to put it outside to teach it a lesson.

 Air France, "It Feels Good To Be Around You" by The FADER

What the hell is wrong with you people? It is nearly 8:00pm and not a single one of you told me there was a new Air France track out today. I'm disappointed in all of you.

Holy shit, Air France couldn't make a song that doesn't sound like summer. I really don't think it is possible. It has been over two years since they released their last track so this is big news for me. I have their first two EPs and they are better than 90% of the garbage put out in the last year.

As for this track, I'm digging it. It might not be the best thing they have ever put out but the last half of the track is really strong. Listen to this song and then read this quote from them:

“We are very good at geography and nature, botanical things and so on, but we are completely useless when it comes to music. Joel has no sense of structure at all and Henrik doesn’t know how to start or finish a song…We’ll sit half a day in front of YouTube thinking ‘how the hell did they do that?’ We have many questions for George Harrison that will never be answered.
That makes total sense really because I don't understand how they make their songs. These songs could probably go on forever and I would never grow tired of them. Summer just got a lot better.



Let's just start from here - I have the worst crush on Katy B. I don't even know why. There isn't anything I can point to and say 'Look, that is why I have a crush on her'.  You can't explain love.

Like the songs a lot, but this video is really dumb. Whoever thought this song needed some garbage, high concept music video should stop making music videos. You have a hot 20 something girl with an awesome voice. We don't need distractions from her....you are ruining it.

If the American public had any sense of taste she would be a huge hit over here and Katy Perry would be out of a job.



Tim suggested I put this up today. I have never heard this song, this album, or any substantial amount of Genesis. I'm still trying to figure out what to make of this. If I start to like this song does that mean I have to start listening to Prog Rock?

I'm told that this album has Brian Eno on it, which I'm a huge fan of any album he is on and reminds me - we haven't done a random strategy in a while. Let's correct that. Drum roll.......

Bridges -Build -Burn
F. Yea. I can totally get behind that one.



What the...Well hello there. How are you? I'm doing well thanks. Can I get you anything; a drink, a cocktail, anything? No, you sure? Come on, you know you want something. A cocktail it is.

What was that? Yes, yes, I do believe you are one bitching tune. I know, I feel really bad that I had no idea you existed until today. What can I say, I've been really busy. I'm sorry, I just hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Tell me something, why am I just learning about you now? Why haven't you been on every mix this summer. Lord knows people put out enough mixes that you should have found your way onto one. Crying shame if you ask me.



Because it's my blog and I do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment