Thursday, August 25, 2011

Bon Iver is going to make-out with James Blake and they are going to turn it into a record

I read today that James Blake and Bon Iver have or were going to do a project together. The first thing I thought when I saw this was that we already know what this is going to sound like. There are a couple songs off of James Blake's album where he really really really sounds like Bon Iver. Like he could do a mean Bon Iver impersonation. So, what exactly are we going to get out of this?

Ok, that is two times this week I have brought up Bon Iver. That is two times too many, he doesn't need me hyping him. 


I am going to hype these dudes though. I wrote about them a couple weeks back about there bitching track "Hipbone". This track is courtesy of the fine fellows over at Keep On Repeat. They have a much nicer looking website than mine, and they seem to be actually trying at this music writing/blog thing because they tracked down actual information about these guys. Word on the street is that this track comes from their second EP that was released on R&S records last month. (Also, home of Jame Blake's earlier catalog......prior to him wanting to sound like Bon Iver. That's the last time. I swear.) I also learned that they are from England. See, not only do you get some sweet sweet beats over at their site but you also just might learn something.

I'm only going to say this once, don't let anyone talk about how summer is over in front of you until at the very least after Labor Day Weekend. If someone does that you direct them to this video immediately and then ask them what the fuck so great about winter? In the winter you can't talk girls into wearing piano-key shorts and dancing on the roof like a fool. "Ohhh, well I get to wear sweaters, and I have so many more options on what to wear." Don't give me that garbage, that is just clear evidence that the capitalist structure has rotted your mind into thinking that you like seasons because you get to buy new cloths. Don't let the capitalists win! They have already ruined everything else in this god damn county, don't let them ruin summer as well.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment