Thursday, August 18, 2011

There is a place I would like to be

Sometimes I think I type too fast for my own good. I'm going to start making a conscious effort to slow down.

Funny story, last night I woke up at 2:30 in the morning thinking that that someone was singing "Africa" by Toto in my dream. Instead I woke up and found my roommates sitting in a car outside my window singing along to it very loudly. It was weird.



Galaxy 500 always came off as being very dream like music to me. I think it the sort of shoegaze-y feel to it that does it. Is this was the original chopped and screwed sound was? Was My Bloody Valentine and Galaxy 500 the original codeine infused music? Maybe I have been wrong all along - maybe this movement of R'n'B/hip-hop musicians adopting druggy qualities is nothing new. Think about it, instead of codeine and cough syrup My Bloody Valentine just did heroin. You get the same result I assume, it's just one is much more hardcore than the other.

Speaking of, my brain is fried from this week. To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment