Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's kind of house, kind of balearic

Holy crap it is nice outside today. These are the type of days when we all need to work on tearing down this capitalist structure that is holding us all back. Yea!

Or not. It's kind of just up to you.



Ummmm, you might not realize this but the world is kind of on fire in London right now. I'm normally all for the youth fighting back and demanding things to get better but from what I can tell this just seems to be random violence. That doesn't mean anything. What's the point? I haven't read enough about it but based on some of the artists, labels, and record stores that are based in England no one seems to be happy with what is going on.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that there are legitimate complaints that the youth have over there. In fact, last year when the English government raised tuition by 10% kids rioted in front of the Department of High Ed. That was awesome. I totally supported that. In that instance the bailouts of multi-national corporations were being paid for by forcing the youth to pay more to go to school. That is clearly not fair. But what is going on right now seems less justified. There was a young father who died by the hands of the cops this weekend, that is tragic. Citizens are well within their right to protest and show their disapproval of current climate. That does not give them the right to attack and destroy the private property of businesses and individuals who have nothing to do with what is going on.

And now I'm getting of my soapbox. Enjoy the tune, I heard it on a Beats in Space mix today, I thought it was pretty bitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment