Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We are moving to an A.M. posting schedule

At least , that is what I 'm going to try and do. The office over/under bet on how many days that is going to last is 4.5 days., -115 on each side. We are taking all bets through close of business on Friday.



I think I'm a little late on the hype with this guy. How do you pronounce this guys name? What the fuck? Why can't we just get one cutting edge musician with a name like Bob Smith. This is Bob Smith's new album and it is called, 'Album Number 1'. Instead we get Balam Acab and this track 'Apart' from his forthcoming album 'Wander/Wonder'. Electronic musicians by and large are the worst when it comes to crazy names.

I'm going to be honest, I did at first want to listen to this guy because it had all the signs that it was going to be some sort of Brooklyn hipster/chill-wave/ghost house group. And some days I just can't take it. Some days I don't want Pitchfork telling me what is good. But, I'm willing to say I'm wrong when I'm wrong because this track is pretty great. In fact I first heard it last week on The Fader's podcast and I was hooked from the start. You put some weird haunting vocals pitched all over the place with a heady beat it's fucking cat-nip for me.

Now don't let me down Balam Acab! That new album of yours better be bitching or else I'm just going to be pissed at myself for falling for hype again.

No comments:

Post a Comment