Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bryan Ferry - Alphaville (Todd Terje Remix)


I'm in love.

 Alphaville - (Todd Terje Remix) by BryanFerry

Seriously, I'm in love with her, I'm in love with her anchor tattoo, I'm in love with the photo, and I'm in love with this song. Todd Terje seems to just bang out playful house edits that if were left in the hands of someone else would probably end horribly. I heard this 11 minute long beauty a couple of weeks ago and totally forgot I had it until yesterday. The feeling of coming across it was similar to the feeling I've had when I've found five dollars in my pocket.  It's the simply joys in live that matter

No more year end lists. I can't take it any more. I wasn't kidding yesterday, I really don't see the point. All I've learned is that there is no consensus number 1 this year and nor should there be. There is literally too much music out there for anyone to listen to. Just by the law of averages there is going to be something out there that is always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment