Sunday, December 11, 2011

Damu - Don't Cry In My Bed



New rule of thumb - trying to fill a chorus in your colorful two-step track and you just don't know what to put there? Take a sample of Drake, saying pretty much anything, and shift the pitch. Can't go wrong. I promise. In this instance Damu got a slice of Drake paying homage to Dead Prez. If they were looking to earn some hipster brownie points they couldn't have done much better with that find.

Energy is something this tune clearly does not lack. It makes me want to be in a car in a busy city and drive fast done the highway. I think it's the neon association I have with this track. It's like a rainbow of neon reds, oranges, and greens. Seriously, by the end of this track it sounds like the song is simply going to explode with everything its got going on. Sometimes less is more and then sometimes more is just a lot more.

Thinking about it now, I think the title of this track might be a shot at Drake. If it is, well played. Well played indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment