Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ready For The World & Zapp



Ummmm, can't get enough. There is literally nothing I don't like about this video. I love their outfits, I love the choreographed dances, and I especially like it when the singer humps the air when he sings "uhh, uhh, uhh".

Does it get dangerously close to sounding like Prince when he was at the top of his game in the 80's? Yea, but I think that is part of the charm here. The influence is clear and that's fine because it is still a banger of a track. Gotta respect that beat and that weird syth hook.



I know I have posted this song before but it is that good. Honestly, I can't even begin to discus how much I love this track. Easily in my top five songs I have discovered in the last two years. There is no reason this song should work with all that is going on in it. Let's just start with the fact that it involves a vocorder and it doesn't suck. Seriously, as a culture I think we need to reexamine how we have decided to denigrate the vocorder because this track makes a strong argument for the fact that we were totally wrong in are assessment.

Lots of whistles and bleeps and blumps. Basically it is a song made out of onamonapias but still managed to keep it funky. I mean this thing has a nasty groove. Nasty, nasty groove.

I like to think this is a love song written from a computer's perspective about another computer in the 1980's.

No comments:

Post a Comment