Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drinking wine and taking shots of espresso at the same time

Random Tuesday Strategy
Make a blank valuable by putting it in an exquisite frame 
Take that to heart people.



Summer jam hall of fame candidate here. I have been addicted to this song the last two summers. It simultaneously reminds me of being dumped in 2009 and driving from Columbus to Nashville in 2010. One memory significantly better than the other.

I kind of gave these guys some shit yesterday, but it was in love, really, it was. This song sounds like how August feels.It's hot, the heat has started to get to you, but you are sitting on a beach so you can't complain all that much. And there is that nice gentle breeze that makes it bearable.

Of course, the song probably sounds or means nothing like that but I like to think it. I know this isn't the cool sound of 2011, whatever the hell that sound is now, but screw that, this song is going to be much more important to me for years to come than 99% of the stuff I hear this year. That guitar work is going to be something I'm going to always want to hear for a long time to come.

There is a feeling in this tune that I can't put a finger on. It is something like melancholy, or sadness, or a feeling of regret; something like one of those or all three combined. It doesn't have the normal beach sound one expects from a summer tune. Think Beach Boys circa Surf's Up or that crazy Dennis Wilson album about the ocean.

What is it about this song that makes me want to roll up into a ball and just sort of lay there?

No comments:

Post a Comment