Friday, July 8, 2011

Tell me about your love affairs


 People, it's Friday evening, it's a summer weekend, time to get down! Also, this photo is simply a document showing how hard I work for you all. Finding all these tunes isn't a walk in a park. It's a full time job.

On to our random strategy of the day.
Balance the consistency principle with the inconsistency principle 
I don't know what the consistency or the inconsistency principle are but I think I can take a guess. I try to do this blog consistently but the music and content is rarely the same = inconsistency. There, I did it.

It's the weekend, so you know what that means; I'm here to give you five tracks for the weekend. It's summer so I expect you people to enjoy these tracks outside on a porch, in a backyard, bumping them from your car, whatever you gotta do.



So this is something called Juke. I don't know much about it, apparently it is a European flavor of the month sound via the south side of Chicago. Who knew. Also, apparently there are dances that go along with this but I have no idea how that would work. I'm kind of digging it though, just sort of let the first third run its course and then you start to figure out what the heck is going on. 808s, some weird samples, a crazy vocal track. I recommend this at the peak of the party. Throw this on when there are way too many people in the room and get them to dance.

Footcrab/Footcrab/Footcrab/F/F/F/Footcrab



Not nearly enough dub and reggae on this blog so far. I take full responsibility for that. I'm going to start making that up to you all because, seriously, what isn't better summer music than some strong ass dub. I mean, this music was born and created in a place that is literally summer all year-round. I'm sure they know how to put a bitching summer sound together. Listen to that classic dub guitar work, a fucking flute for God's sake, some horns, and a classic dub rhythm section. Perfect. Get a beer, turn this up, and sit on your porch and watch the world go by.

The Weeknd - Loft Music (Chopped and Screwed by Babe Rainbow) by Babe Rainbow

Good lord what is wrong with kids these days. It's like all they do is take pills, make some wobbly R'n'B jams about loneliness, and then their friends, who are also doing a whole lot of pills, come in and remixe the track and make it even more mind altering. I feel like my brain is going to slide out of my head when I hear this remix. We are going to go into more detail next week regarding The Weeknd and Drake and why Canadians can't handle their booze, woman, drugs, and fame. Put this track on LATE in the evening when you are about to make a poor decision.



Well this is just great for a summer weekend. A little disco, a little soul, a whole lot of dance beats. Hells yea. I can't really say I was a huge fan of that Memory Tapes album but I'm certain that if the entire album would have been like this I would have had a different opinion about the matter. My suggestion is to play this at any time you damn well please.



Fuck and yes! I forced my roommates to put this album on last night while we were on the porch. I probably spent a good ten hours in total dancing to this song in college. It was one of the jams of the second half of my college career. You know what causes me to question my faith? When God allows a band that makes this song to break up without making at least one more album. No justice in this world. None. Not to bring this down but this is a great track after everyone has about 100 beers in them and then you all get up and dance around screaming IS THIS LOVE OF OURS ALIVE? IS IT KILLING ME INSIDE! And then you dance around, head banging for the next 90 seconds. Pure genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment