Sunday, September 11, 2011

A dash of disco

I really should be doing something else right now, but I'm not. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm all ears, really.



I've started running recently. I never ran as a form of exercise before. In fact, I was one of those people who hated running. I would do everything in my power to not have to run. So, now that I am running I got a good half hour of time where I need to be listening to something that is a upbeat. Which means I have been listening to a ton of Beats in Space episodes. I can't begin to recommend this show enough. It not just good to have on while doing something as brainless as running but it is something you can enjoy when you are just, say, typing block posts on a Sunday night.

I found this track to be quit excellent. It was on the Meat Disco mix. (Meat Disco is strong front runner for name of the year, FYI)  I don't know how great of a name Bassfort is, kind of running techno-y, but they know how to make a mean track. This is practically two songs in one. The first half being the calmer more mellower of the two. While the second half is all about the crisp clean piano line that is sitting right there on top of a strong 4/4 beat. The piano part adds just the right amount of disco-ness on what would otherwise be a pretty standard house track. Which is maybe something we should all take away from this track - when you feel like your life is in a rut, maybe try spicing it up with just a little bit of disco. It can't do you no harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment