Thursday, September 1, 2011

I want to be in Pusha T's crew

First off, a big shout out to John Talabot for re-tweeting yesterdays post. Our traffic increased by over 2,000%. That's hard to beat.

Now, on to the main course



Pusha T's mix-tape from this year, Fear of God, is horribly underrated I think. Heads and shoulders better than the last Clipse album, this album beats hard from start to finish. Considering that its not like we have had a epic year for hip-hop to begin with, you would have thought this would have gotten more attention. Think of this year being the NFL draft class of 2011 - weak all around.

Pusha does a good job of stepping back and letting this one just sort of grow into its self. He doesn't get over-anxious and want to get in front of the perfect beat, he lets it hold its own position and normally, I'm not all that hip to weird singing choruses but it works well here. And, again, Pusha shows he knows what he is doing by just laying off it. He doesn't find a need to get all in it and starting yelling or whatever nonsense rappers have a tendency to do.

Also, I don't care what anyone says, I'm never going to get tired of Pusha T rapping about girls, selling drugs, and spending money. Never. I think it helps that Pusha-T really sounds like he would almost rather be selling drugs still. I'm sure in part of his mind that isn't true, but he makes me believe it. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he would rather hang out with his guns and his girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment