Friday, September 2, 2011

Where have you been my entire life?

Holy crap, is this what 1990's techno was like?


So, this is what 1995 London sounded like? My god, why did anyone even bother listening to Oasis when you had this right in your own backyard. I'm glad to see the generation before me was just as good at ignoring truly good music and opting for the easy, non-confrontational bands. It is a trait my generation carries on, seemingly with pride.

I found this gem while listening to the stunningly amazing Jamie XX Essential Mix for BBC 1. Thank god for You Tube or else I don't know where I would have found the 8 minute version of this gem. I like the break down part near the seven minute mark. It slows down a little, the swoon-y synths get pulled up a some in the mix and in the background there is this awesome wobble-wobble-wobble thing going on. (I don't know when I'm ever going to get better at describing this stuff - you are just going to have to live with it.)

Not too techno-y, not too house-y, it just hits this perfect state of rhythm and pulse were you kind of just want it to go on for forever. 

It use to take them days to make an acid track, now it takes them minutes, I wonder how long it took them to make this?


No comments:

Post a Comment