Friday, September 16, 2011

Dub-a-Dub

Fuuuuuuuuck, its been so busy this week. I'm so sorry people. I've been a bad friend. But I'm back. Let's get to it.

Co La, "Egyptian Peaches" by The FADER

You know why this song is awesome? Because it is a summer jam that is why. A little dub, a little electronic, a nice little sunshine-y synth thing going on. This is awesome. Thank god, because I'm sitting in my room wearing a cardigan and I'm fucking pissed. It is the 16th of September, and can it be true that the sun has already forsaken us? Fucking the sun. I never trusted it.

Seriously though, this is some great stuff. I'm a huge dub fan and I'm totally digging the dub bassline and the colorful synths. Who the hell knows what the vocal sample is saying but it works perfectly. I think I have listened to this song a good 20 times today.

I have no idea who this Co La character is, but he seems to be onto something and I suggest he keeps it up. Also, more artists need to look into the dance-dub combo. If I knew anything about making music I would do it. This is free advice people, do with it what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment