Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1.Fernandito Villalona & 2. Floating Points


I Googled "Cuba Giant Chicken" and this is the photo that came up.



Three hours of sleep last night. Three hours. I think that explains how I spent most of the morning not being able to focus on anything at work and just listening to this tune. It's soulful man. I'm not immune to awesome world music. There I said it. Deal with it.

Seriously though, this track isn't all that far removed from some of the best disco/dance music tracks. The end goal is the same, they just take slightly different routs to get there. The basic elements are the same too - hooks, groove, kick ass vocals, etc..

What ever, it's sweet and I'm digging it.



Also, this one was a sweet surprise. First of all, you all need to start listening to the the Little White Earbuds podcasts, they are totally fantastic and the latest one was pretty outstanding. It started off with this tune and at first I wasn't too into it but it just kept growing and morphing into all of these different shapes and was just going all over the place. It was one of the more interesting tracks I've heard in awhile and it really just grabs your attention from the start. I honestly thought it was three different tracks mixed together. It's a super cool, jazz-ish way to start off a set and I think it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment