Thursday, January 26, 2012

Masters At Work - The Nervous Track



When ever anyone tells me a track has some sort of Latin sound to it I have a knee jerk reaction to immediately hate it. I don't know what it is, I clearly need some sort of cultural training to beat this out of me but I can't help it. I also know I'm not the only one with this problem so before you judge just think about all the times you've been in a store and heard Carlos Santana and wanted to punch somebody.

I think I clearly have some world music issues I need to work out. It isn't just Latin music either. You know who is to blame for all this? Yanni. I lay this all at his feet. Growing up, no one my age liked Yanni. You would have been laughed out of Litchfield Middle School if you would of reveled that information. I don't hate the dude. I kind of liked him back then. Everything was Greenday and Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Three bands by the way that to this day I don't own a single album from now. I forced myself to conform and now what? I hate world music because I associate it with a dude blessed with wild flowing locks who happened to play his dreamy ambient music at the Acropolis and people ate it up with a spoon. It's probably not his fault but I'm going to blame him anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment