Friday, January 13, 2012

Sun Araw + The Congos - "Happy Song"


1 million blunts. Each.

Sun Araw, M. Geddes Gengras, & The Congos - Happy Song by RVNG Intl.

By my calculations that is roughly 8 million blunts total. That is the estimated number of blunts faced while putting this track together. This fact is 100 percent true by the way.

I was really into Sun Araw about a year ago when I was unemployed. I don't smoke weed but when I would listen to his albums I got it. Pschy/dub/drone, it has stoner music written all over it. Then someone had the brilliant thought of trying to see what The Congos have been up to and whether they would be interested it making an album with Sun Araw. Of course they would be and the world is a better place for it because of  it.

All kind of shit going on here. There is a GIANT bass sound going on here and it sounds like everything is built around that. If you turn your headphones up loud enough you can feel the bass reverberate in your brain. Putting the weed jokes aside, this is a really awesome and solid track. One of the best I've heard so far this year. This is just one track off of an whole album with Sun Araw and The Congos that will be dropping later this year. Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment