Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Johnny Jewel - SYMMETRY / THEMES FOR AN IMAGINARY FILM



 SYMMETRY / THEMES FOR AN IMAGINARY FILM by JOHNNY JEWEL

1) And we are back....Everyone needs a holiday break right? That's what we were doing. Drinking Natty Lights in a cabin in the back hills of Ohio. Recharging our batteries as the kids like to say. Or killing brain cells as the more honest ones will admit to.

2) Today's track is almost 2 hours worth of new Italians Do It Better material. Johnny Jewel, the brains behind all things cool, released this right around Christmas and it's been sitting in my inbox for a couple of days now. I don't see any reason why someone who likes Chromatics, Desire, Glass Candy, etc. isn't going to flip their shit over this one. It is a soundtrack to an invisible movie (the webpage says it is for a movie that doesn't exist, but what is the difference). Dark, sexy, wearing a denim jacket and smoking type of cool. I like to put it on while I drive between work and school pretending I'm the richest dude in town and I got a porpoise that I feed whole fish to in my backyard. F-you money cool.

3) Rick Santorum is going to win the Iowa Caucuses. I don't know what other sign we need that the end is only days away. My idea of karma - where ever Rick Santorum ends up when he dies is the gayest place in the afterlife. I think it is only fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment