Saturday, January 14, 2012

UR - Transition



Before you hit play, fair warning, this is some dirty 90's Detroit techno. You've been warned.



If that motivational dude on TV had a banging techno track it would be this.

I probably do spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing. Man, it's even making me think about what I'm doing. Damn.

Was Detroit techno in the 1990's like the Black Sabbath of the its day? They both took existing elements of music and just sort of turned up the speed and volume. And why the fuck Detroit? I'm know I'm not the first person to ask this question but it would be interesting to know why Detroit was the hub for such an explosion of electronic music. I read an interview awhile back with a DJ from Detroit who said during the 70's and 80's the radio stations in Detroit starting mixing tracks in and out with each other and their pallet for what they would play on the air was far more experimental than what other cities had. There were DJ's who would play Motown, Disco, and Kraftwerk all in the same hour. That has to sort of fuck you up as a kid I imagine.

Also anyone who feels the need to sport a ski mask while DJing I totally support.

No comments:

Post a Comment